Thursday, September 6, 2012

September 7th

Beka and I rounded up all our presents and got to the school for our last day :(

Cameron has been jokingly giving me crap about not making him coffee so I guess it was a good thing I bought him a Cortland mug because he finally got some coffee on the last day! Everyone laughed about it but hey, better late then never!

When we went to go sign in at Denise's desk, she surprised us and gave us each flowers. It was so lovely and unexpected, we almost cried.

Then I got to my first class and received probably the best present ever. One of the rugby boys happens to be in Mr. Finley's basketball class and had gotten a maroon rugby dry fit shirt and had all the footy boys sign it. I knew I gave them the idea but  I didnt really expect them to do it. AND it was wrapped up. Other than presents though, the class itself was very interesting because we had the girls basketball team come in to play against my students. Some of them were very motivated and loved the challenge, while others didn't. We played a few other rounds of half court games after the team left. At the end of class I gave a thank you to everyone, we took a class picture for my own memories and gave a few hugs as well. It was a bit sad, they truly were a great class.

During morning tea there was a faculty meeting with yummy food and boring announcements. The principal also called us up for a thank you and Donna gave us each a little present. We were decked out in Mountain Creek clothes and Cameron and Kim were decked out in Cortland. It was a good laugh and thankfully didnt get emotional. 

Year 12 class was NOT as good as yesterday. They of course just wanted to play dodgeball but it wasn't an option seeing as another class already took the foam balls. They were really bad at basketball today as well and only about half of them played. We ended early because they are just flat out lazy and said our goodbyes. Although ive had some really bad lessons with them, there were some great ones as well and I probably learned the most from trying to get a handle on these kids. Donna even made a comment during her morning tea speech to us about me getting a handle on the year 12 rec kids because no one can. I guess it made me realize that it really isnt just me and she observed my lesson with them and was impressed so ive been doing something right!

Last class of the last day, really relaxed because the students are teaching each other their games. They are fully in charge of what is going on while we just supervise so Cameron and I got to talk a bit more about keeping in touch and such.

Finally it was lunch time and Stratty was hosting a lunch for Bribie..more free food. Didnt even have to bring food on my last day!

And the bitter sweet goodbyes that were a lot more emotional then I expected. We were joking around the other day about how I would be taking care of Beka because shell be crying but Ill admit, I cried at the last second. We said goodbye to Kim and Cameron in the sub school and quickly felt the need to get out because we were both crying. I know we will keep in touch but I couldn't have asked for a better host teacher and sub school. Everyone was amazing and I would do it all over again, maybe in a few years if im unemployed! I saw a lot of kids walking towards the buses and they all were just screaming "bye miss have a safe flight" or "bye miss thank you for teaching." It really makes me reflect on everything and excited to be a teacher. Those comments just give you that reminder of why your a teacher and they make you smile. Wouldn't change the last 3 month for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment