Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 4- July 12th


First session was a prep session for Cameron and I. Since its been raining, we needed back up plans for inside classes. The library had a few movies related to binge drinking and other health related stuff. The librarian was super nice and welcomed me here mentioning if I ever need to take anything out that I can.

Being inside for physed is pretty bad here because there is only one gym. My class is combined with two other classes during today’s session two, so in total there are 50 students. We watched the movie Honey, not physed or health related. This movie also probably wouldn’t be appropriate in the states to watch during a class period.

Although my 3rd class was supposed to be outside and starting team sports, we stayed in a continued talking about binge drinking. We did a little true/false quiz that the students were actually surprised by some answers. Got them thinking though about all the myths and false information.

Session four was also inside and the oh so mature sex ed class. Spoke more about relationships and I really feel that the students noticed me more today and were asking me a lot of questions. They do a lot of partner work in the class and ill walk around helping whoever needs help.

After tomorrow I will have met all my classes and students because I actually do have a class that only meets on Fridays. Tomorrow ill also be teaching touch rugby with Beka’s teacher.

I am also feeling a lot more open around the faculty in the sub school. I start off shy but after meeting everyone at the carnival, I feel more comfortable talking to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment