Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16th


Really cold this morning but it turned into some beautiful sunny weather finally!

The first class in the weight room was a lot more active today than the last time we met. The guy Josh who owns the gym though usually runs this session but its pretty basic. A lot of rotating on machines with partners and trying out all the exercises they were taught last class. We all noticed that during the warm up though that the students really don’t know how to do squats, so josh had to re teach them. Josh had the clock running to beep when the students should switch partners and stations. I saw a few students struggling with machines and I would help them. I think that is my position during this session, to supervise and help.

We went to the health heroes’ exhibition during the second and third session at Maroochydore High School. Mine and Beka’s roommate Nate is placed there but we didn’t get to see him. There were about 15 booths set up with different health occupations with in hospitals, schools, or private practices. I took home a ton of brochures with loads of information for my sex ed and binge drinking classes.

Once we got back it was time for session 4, which is my sex ed class. We discussed the topic of teen pregnancy today and looked at a lot of stats comparing different countries. This class is one of those classes that you need to re-focus every so often. They get very talkative and giggly about certain topics but when I am stern with them, they get quiet. I know who the leaders of the group are, so I will be proactive before I teach instead of waiting for them to act out.

No comments:

Post a Comment