Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 23rd


Today was a pretty simple and quick day I suppose. Started off in the gym supervising the girls and boys on the machines and working out. During this time Cameron showed me how to work the attendance program on the computer so I can just take it every class now.

Second session Cameron has Sociology, which I don’t really do much in but sometimes chime in with a really heated debate. Cameron asked me to go get the 2 boxes of textbooks in the library and to meet him at the class. Of course I got lost, my luck. It’s the one classroom I haven’t really learned the route to yet because im so used to always being near the gym or student center (gymnasium). I wandered around with books on a trolley for about 15 minutes until I just decided to look at my schedule back in Bribie and ask where to go. Cameron laughed at me about 5 times through out the day about this.

Session 3 I had a class I haven’t really met and we did basketball in the student center. The cert 3 fitness students ran the session while we supervised. Cameron and I also planned a little bit of what well do next session with our sex ed class.

Today’s Topic: Male and Female organs and reproduction system. As a HUGE surprised, there was not much laughing during the lesson like usual. At some points there was a little but usually these students laugh through the entire lesson. I also think that I finally got through to the loud mouth last class because he was super good today. We printed out blank diagrams of the systems and organs for the students to fill out and sheets for them to explain what each part does. Majority of the students didn’t know much and then continued to not write down the information, so there are a lot of students doing homework now.

At the end of the day Cameron and I agreed I would take over the rest of the sex ed and binge drinking lectures and then I will continue running the team sports classes. There are about six to eight activity classes, so I will have my work cut out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment