Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13th


Today was a little different than other Monday’s because we had a few visitors. My morning was the usual weight room and sociology class, But sociology is working on their assignment I the library now.

During morning tea we had Collin, Dr, Carol Van Der Karr and Mary Schlarb visit. These to Cortland administrators are touring a few of the schools today and tomorrow. Beka and I took them to our sub school to get our host teachers and to explain to them what a sub school is. Plus we wanted to show them the great environment we are surrounded by daily and our desks. We went into the conference room in the office with our host teachers and Donna, our deputy principal. We talked until morning tea was over about the school and our experience so far and then went to Beka’s class so they can see a class in session for a few minutes. My class during 3rd session is ran by the certification students so they wouldn’t see me teaching. They got to see a lot of the school and I talked to them on the way out about my pigeonhole story because we walked through that room.

Pigeon hole story: Beka’s teacher, Kim, one morning told us she was going to check her pigeonhole. I thought she said pigeon home and was a little weirded out that she was taking care of pigeons. Someone then called the sub school asking for Kim and I said “she’s doing something with pigeons…with a home, maybe feeding them?” I got laughed at by just about everyone who heard what I said and explained to me that she said pigeonhole and that is a mailbox. It was okay though, I laughed at myself also and now ill always remember that story.

My last session I taught about STI’s using a power point that Beka made last week. It had some interesting pictures in it and I had to warn my class about them. They were laughing but grossed out, it was a good lesson and they really didn’t know a lot of the information. A lot of questions also popped up during the session, which is always good.

Good day of classes! And at the end I got to rub it in the teacher’s faces that I wont be there tomorrow because they have ECP day and I have the cocktail hour party that Colin plans at the Uni. ECP day starts at 1pm and goes till 8pm, it is basically parent teacher conferences but the student is included and they pick classes for next year. We were told not to go because our priority is the cocktail hour party. The teachers appreciated all our jokes about not coming in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment