Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 28th


Tuesday the 28th and I have 9 more days at Mountain Creek State High School (I will be at Currimundi on Thursday). The time has flown in general but today seemed like a long day. Nothing really happened and I don’t teach on Tuesdays, so it seems longer.

In the gym session Josh’s wife, Cassie, ran a step class and the boys and girls did amazing. There are only 5 boys in this class but they put a lot of effort into this activity that is viewed as girly. They even got very sweaty and had a tough time doing it. I think they started to give a lot more credit to the girls after experiencing this. Cassie had them all with their own step and a bar with lightweights on it. It was great and I hope one day I can bring that into the school. I hope one day I can bring every aspect of this gym into a school.

I could have done with out Rugby today because I felt like I was babysitting. Usually they are pretty mature and we can have normal conversations, mostly about New York and the differences. But today they were off the walls and annoying. Not sure why, but I eventually got up and left them on the sidelines.

Last class the students were working on their assignments. Not much to do or teach. But I could tell that they all knew how bad our last lesson went. They either shyed away from me or were really nice to me. Im curious to see how Friday will go.

Today I also got a Rugby Jacket from Cameron! Im officially one of them! woo

No comments:

Post a Comment