Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 8th


First session Beka and I team taught a dance again. Today I did most of the teaching because we decided ahead of time that she would do mostly the cha cha and I would do mostly the Boston 2 step.  After the cha cha not going as well and the kids not really getting it, the Boston 2 step went amazing. I broke it down really slowly and the students got it right away. After practicing with out the music a few times, we did it with the music. I was really shocked and really happy with how this went. I was super proud of myself. Beka also added in a lot of key tips, so our team teaching is a lot better.

Second session I taught basketball with Mr.Finley’s class. They are a great group of students and even though ive had them with Kim’s class these past few weeks, it is a huge difference now. His class is more serious about learning and will listen and respect me. I had a few problems with the other class and if it was too boring, they gave me a hard time. Mr. Finley’s class knows that sometimes it will be boring drills but we will always play full games at the end, so they try really hard and improve their skills first. A lot of them were also happy to see me today because they didn’t know I was going to stay with their class instead of Kim’s.

Third and Fourth sessions for free and rugby. I got to see more kangaroos on the ovals today!


No comments:

Post a Comment