Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 30th


Today I went to the Currimundi Special school and was involved in the pool program all day. It was a great experience! I was with Sarah and Christin, who were both super nice and got me involved right away. The students were very welcoming and open to working with me in the pool. The teachers that came in were also very welcoming and loved that they didn’t have to get in the pool today since I was there.

I met and interacted with students of all different disabilities and level of pool skills. Many of them did more of a rehab program with walking and steps. They use weights on their ankles to make their legs straighten out more or just to make it harder. Many kids were also learning strokes and swimming laps. A group of boys with autism were all working on strokes and diving but are all on different levels so we split up into groups.

Although I was VERY pruny from the 35 degree celcius water, I had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment