Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 22nd


Today felt like a very long day, again. Probably because I am looking forward to going to Sydney tomorrow and every time you look forward to something, the rest of the week goes very slow.

First session was basically babysitting while students worked on their group dances. I did have to go around and give them ideas to get started or else it would take forever for them to start.

Second session I thought we were doing more teaching strategies but Mr. Finley ended up changing that to Friday. I went through more dribbling, shooting and defense. I have them practicing skills a lot and I am always amazed by how much better they are getting.

The rest of the day was free for me. I had a spare and then rugby, which was very educational to me today. The boys who sit out were teaching me how to throw and kick a rugby ball properly. Usually I just throw it like an American football or kick it around but they finally helped me out. 

One aspect of the sub school I dislike: sitting near the phone. I take really bad phone messages and can barely understand what they are even saying on the phone. Something I try to avoid now but sometimes fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment