Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20th


Today was a relatively calm day, which was nice to have. I discussed with Cameron the testing I am going to do with the year 12 class during football. I showed him the quizzes and rubrics and planned to do some of it tomorrow in lecture and in prac later in the week.

Last session I taught my sex Ed class and did jeopardy game. None of the kids knew what the game was so it was fun to teach them something new as well. At first they were a little confused and didn’t really understand but as the scores went up and the questions got a little more difficult, they got really into it. By the end of class, they were cheering about the scores and getting really intense. They started to whisper their answers so the other team couldn’t hear and discussing it with everyone on the team so they agreed on one answer. It was a lot of fun!

I also got to watch a girl’s soccer game today! I spoke to the coach last week and found out they had a home game today at 4, so I went and had a great time. It really made me realize what my days will be like in real life because I plan on coaching soccer. I will start assisting my high school varsity team once I get home and try to continue when my next placement starts. Although it is much longer than my usual day here, it is much more realistic for my future and I for now, I found it very enjoyable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment