Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 21st


Only had two classes today and didn’t exactly teach, so it was a relatively boring day. During second session we were in the weight room and did boxing. Cameron and I joined in on the boxing and the students worked really hard. Everyone enjoyed it up until the circuit at the end. Josh, who owns the gym, ran a circuit of sit ups, squat jumps, punching the bag and punching the pad on the floor. Josh assigned a certain amount for each and the students went for 10 minutes doing this at their own pace. They did great though! I really like the idea of having this in a school but of course it is easier when there is a fully equipped gym that is being ran as an outside business.

Last session I had my year 12 class in the classroom. They are working on their written assignment but I gave them a short quiz on American football. I am going to try and get all my assessments done for my teacher work sample because this is a sport they don’t really know, so they have no choice but to listen and learn! I also think it will be interested to do the teacher work sample with international students but an American sport. Hopefully the results will only increase!

No comments:

Post a Comment