Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 31st


Today was a great day! My friend Jess came to observe me for her swap day and she instantly noticed a huge difference. Once we got to the sub school, she said that the environment was totally different, very welcoming and friendly and chatty. She was a bit jealous of what I was spoiled with. Ill agree, I was very spoiled with this placement and the great people in our sub school. Everyone talks to each other and today we had a morning tea meeting, so there was great food too.

First session was basketball but since Mr. Finley was still relating things back to psychology, Jess and I got involved with the games. He did a meditation/relaxation lesson today to see how the students played after basically falling asleep to calm music. He also did the “don’t give a crap” lesson where he was just hanging around until a student finally said something.

Second session was a spare but we went to go watch Beka’s class do their dress rehearsal for aerobics. They were really good and definitely stepped up their game to get those A’s on their report cards.

Third session I was so stressed out about and nervous for because Donna was coming to observe and these kids have been giving me a very hard time. But…they were awesome! We just played half field games of flag football with 3 times, one sitting out and rotating. They understood my modified version of the game and were asking a lot of questions of how it compared to NFL.  They played for a full 60 minutes and with 15 minutes left we went to a full game of just two teams so that everyone can get on the field. It was just great and I don’t know if was my “threat” before class or because they were playing a game. I told them before class that if anyone acts up and I have to ask them to be quiet, well go straight to the classroom. I was so happy with how well this went and I feel like I am actually on good terms again with the students even though I enforced strict rules. I had to sit one student out for a while for goofing off. Keeping my fingers crossed that next week goes just as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment